tumble tiff to pdf converter

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 20 04:30:43 CST 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Christian Corti wrote:
> Huh?
> # wc -l tumble_pbm.c
> 231 tumble_pbm.c
>
> This is the last known version (part of tumble 0.33 from 2003):
> * $Id: tumble_pbm.c,v 1.1 2003/04/10 00:47:30 eric Exp $

Ok, I see, whoever changed tumble as found on github forgot to
change all version numbers, to update the README and many things more :-(

But anyway, it compiles happily with two modifications in tumble_pbm.c:
- add the following line in front of the first include statement:
#define HAVE_BOOL
- change the following line from
#include <netpbm/pbm.h>
#include <pbm.h>

# ./tumble
fatal error: either a control file or an output file (but not both) must
be specified

tumble version 0.35 - Copyright 2001-2003 Eric Smith <eric at brouhaha.com>
http://tumble.brouhaha.com/

usage:
     ./tumble [options] -c <control.tum>
     ./tumble [options] <input.tif>... -o <output.pdf>
     ./tumble -V
     -v        verbose
     -b <fmt>  create bookmarks
     -V        print program version