RL02 version of UNIX6?

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu Feb 2 12:16:42 CST 2017

On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 17:25 +0000, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> What version of GCC is being used here? I thought they removed
> support for the PDP-11 more than a deacde ago.

GCC does still have a pdp11 backend today.  It doesn't seem to be very
actively maintained, and how well it works nowadays is possibly another
question, but it should at least be buildable.

> I assume they also removed the switch for K&R mode.

I'm not sure there ever was such a switch.  If there was, it was
removed a long time ago.  "-std=c90" still works and should accept
some, maybe most, K&R code.  As others have noted, GCC has no option to
accept pre-K&R C, though I suspect it would probably not be all that
hard to write some sort of preprocessor to convert such code to either
K&R or C90 dialect.

p.