Logic Analysers

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 02:55:19 CST 2017

On 03/02/2017 08:01, "Christian Corti" <cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, Adrian Graham wrote:
>> is fixed 5v. Also you'd expect that sampling at four times the clock speed
>> (they'll both do 25Mhz with 6 channels) then every pulse would be picked up.
>
> No, because the pulse length may be far inferiour to the sample clock
> rate. You may also need to capture signal transitions instead of signal
> levels (i.e. you record a "pulse" if there was a transition between two
> sample clock pulses).

Ah yes, sorry, I'm aware of that. What I meant in this specific case is that
with 4 2764s right next to each other with a direct signal path between
adjacent address and data pins that has a resistance of 0.5 ohms pin to pin
surely I should be able to put a clip on each (for example) A4 address line
and see the same pulse at all four channels?

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator