RL02 version of UNIX6?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 13:31:13 CST 2017

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> From: Paul Koning
>
>> Another OS that would run on your machine (as well as an 11/20) would
>> be RSTS-11 (V4, or I suppose V3 if you can find that)
>
> I'd love to have an old RSTS-11, is there any variant around?

Yes, on bitsavers.  But John's comment reminds me that RSTS-11 V4A doesn't support RL02.  (Only RF11, RK11, RP11.)  V4B may be different, I don't know.

>> didn't use the MMU
>
> Huh? He's got an MMU (I think): it's the EIS he's currently struggling with.

True.  I meant to point out the main difference between RSTS-11 and RSTS/E.  The other difference is that it doesn't require EIS.  Both follow from the fact it was designed for the 11/20.

	paul