Cromemco disk question

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Sat Feb 4 11:23:54 CST 2017

Thanks Bill. I downloaded a few of them…none of the smaller ones fully booted (only the 16K BASIC got to the “Standby” message) on my test setup but I could read and write the disks using the RDOS monitor and it partially passed the “T” test (it stopped with a sector error half-way). I’m using a TM100-2A drive (DSDD 360K 5.25”). So, I think I feel good that the board works. I would have loved to get it to fully boot into something but it’s probably close enough for now.

Thanks!

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

On 2/4/17, 7:16 AM, "cctech on behalf of william degnan" <cctech-bounces at classiccmp.org on behalf of billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Richard Cini <rich.cini at verizon.net> wrote:

    > All –
    >

    >                 I’m trying to test a Cromemco 16FDC controller…long story
    > but it’s part of a QDOS project. I’m looking for recommendations on a 5.25”
    > disk image I could use for testing. The system is simple – 16FDC, CompuPro
    > RAM17 (with $C0 block disabled), and a Z80 card. The 16FDC RDOS ROM works,
    > so I can issue commands but I need to test the disk interface part.
    >

    >                 Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

    http://vintagecomputer.net/disk_images/Cromemco/

    One of these should work, note txt files that explain some of them.

    Bill