LMI Lambda?

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at lunar-tokyo.net
Thu Feb 9 16:46:25 CST 2017

> On Feb 9, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Chris Hanson <cmhanson at eschatologist.net> wrote:
>
>> It doesn’t matter if the company hasn’t existed since the late 80s - Someone somewhere owns the IP rights and as soon as they see interest in it they’re going to see potential dollar signs.
>
> As near as I’ve been able to find, without hiring lawyers to do more in-depth research, the assets of the former Lisp Machine, Inc. were seized as part of the GigaText affair; do a Google search for GigaText Guy Montpetit for some details. The IP in this case is likely owned by either the government of Canada, Saskatchewan, the United States, or Massachusetts, depending on who did the actual seizing, what entity owned the IP at the time, and whether the seized assets were ever transferred as a result of the case(s).
>
> Do you have any pointers to the situation being different?

The information I got was that GigaMOS held the assets until it was put into receivership, and Coopers & Lybrand were appointed receiver. They did not find a buyer. Much of the physical assets were surrendered to former employees and other debtors in lieu of payment, since GigaMOS was unable to make payroll. Coopers & Lybrand were merged into PwC a couple years later. What PwC did with things in the meantime is unknown.