need (physical) key for Sun SPARCserver 1000e

alexmcwhirter at triadic.us alexmcwhirter at triadic.us
Mon Feb 13 01:58:27 CST 2017

On 2017-02-12 07:59, Philip Pemberton wrote:
> On 09/02/17 20:06, Mark G Thomas wrote:
>>   http://files.markgthomas.com/dl/sunkey/
>>
>> I thought maybe having a picture would help in finding the correct
>> key.
>
> A little part of me wants to get hold of one of these keys and the
> matching lock, match it to a key blank and measure the bitting...
>
> Cheers,

Am i wrong in thinking all sun keys are identical up until the E25K?
Like i said earlier, my V890 key works in all my circa ~1990 sun gear.
These keys are pretty easy to find on ebay (in the US anyways).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sun-Fire-V880-Server-Bezel-Key-/272532177241?hash=item3f742f0159:g:8mgAAOSw5cNYhgUb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUN-MICROSYSTEMS-KEYS-350-1651-01-/111613413055?hash=item19fcad86bf:m:mCTY6wGdWH6b9WiORB0DrhA