New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Thu Feb 16 18:02:58 CST 2017

First of all THANKS. I hope this works out.

Some thoughts:

It looks like you have a JTAG connector on there - please keep that.

The CPLD you had on the last board, XC9572XL is a bit long in the tooth,
perhaps?   Would you expect to use that one again, or a newer chip?

An area with place to mount, say, a 40 pin header (2x20) or the like, on
one edge of the board, with a set of places where one could jumper those
pins to a set of I/O pins of the CPLD/FPGA would be really cool.

A spot where one could mount an Arduino compatible shield - again with
no actual connections, but a place where one could jumper them to some
I/O pins on the CPLD/FPGA might be really cool.  (e.g., using the CPLD
to run an SPI bus connection to a shield).

In short, ways that folks could take your basic board and make it
possible to do other things with it could increase the value of the
board enormously.

But, these are JUST SUGGESTIONS / THOUGHTS I am throwing out.  I would
not be at all disappointed if such things were not done.

You might consider KiCAD as an alternative to Eagle.  It works pretty
darned well.

JRJ