PDF PDF Which is right and which is ... Was Re: PDP-11/24 CPU later version

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 13:24:45 CST 2017

Adobe claims " PDF/A – the ISO standard  for long-term archiving"

-I  am confused about all the  versions  etc..
-which are  good  which are   bad?
-are there good  programs  for  opening hesitant to open pdf  file?
- what is a good    freeware   PDF  generator?  / modifier?
- are older  versions of the reader  better than the newer ones?
-my HP scanner software makes PDF files  eiher as graphics or as  graphics
with OCR
-is my  HP scanner making "good"   pdf  files that can be read into the
future?

Sorry if  I seem  confused on  this... but I  am!

thanks  for any  help   Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 2/18/2017 11:24:14 A.M.  US Mountain Standard Time,
bobalan at sbcglobal.net writes:

On  2/18/2017 10:04 AM, Paul Birkel wrote:
> [...]
Kossow
>> Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 12:50  PM
>> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
>> Subject: Re: PDP-11/24  CPU later version
>>
>> PDF-A
>>
>> which  is the reason it's not on bitsavers
> Thank you Al.  It's not just  me then who has heartburn with that format
>
>  ----

I removed the /A format and put the copy up here:
http://dvq.com/docs/EK-11024-TM-003.pdf

Bob

--
Vintage  computers and  electronics