I hate the new mail system

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Tue Feb 28 15:50:01 CST 2017

 > Is this a conscious choice, or a configurable with a different
 > default setting in a new mail system than was previously in place?
 > However it came to be, it greatly diminishes communications quality
 > (IMAO).

You can blame me for the change to the way the From: header is handled.
The purpose of this change is to try to solve the mass bounce problem.

Actually, you should really blame the folks responsible for DKIM, SPF,
ADSP, and the like.  The designs of those systems, which purport to
reduce spam, pretty much completely fail to consider the concept and
operation of mailing lists.

It may be possible to tune the content of the Reply-To field.  I'll have
a look.

De