DEC VT100/220 line wrapping semantics sought

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 15:54:11 CST 2017

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 2:39 PM, Mattias Engdegård <mattiase at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Would someone with a real DEC VT terminal be so kind and help settle, once and for all, the question about how they behave with respect to line-wrapping, exactly? It is something that isn't covered by any standard, nor by any of DEC's manuals, and there is a scarcity of information online that is not vague repetition of folklore.

I'll have to see if I can reverse engineer this from the RSTS PRO display code.  The reason is that this was written based on the standard (DEC Std  070).  If you can find that document, that would be great, because it is the authority on how things are supposed to be done.  The VT200 series were supposedly implemented from that spec.  The VT100 series predates it.

	paul