Where are the cctech archives before November 2014 ?

Walter F.J. Mueller w.f.j.mueller at retro11.de
Wed Jan 4 08:29:34 CST 2017

Hi,

after I remarked in November last year that the cctech archives have been `lost`
Jay West responded

 > Walter....
 >
 > I think you need to ask a few questions before you toss that kind of nonsense out.
 >
 > For your info - this is a hobby. It is done in spare time. The time period you
 > peak of - the archives have NOT been lost. Because unlike what you intone - we
 > do care. Those archives are safe and sound, just not in a publicly accessible
 > format. One of our kind list members has been working for eons to reconstruct
 > the publicly viewable content from them.
 >
 > I will tell him that you are going to volunteer to help him.

Well, it is certainly true that the archives visible under
   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctech/
only go back to November 2014.

Thanks to the Internet Archive there is a full backup of the older
archive sections readily available online. Simply open

   http://web.archive.org/web/20141025062159/http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctech/

and one gets all archives from October 2014 back to February 2005.

There I found the postings I was looking for, and updated my links to use
http://web.archive.org/. That's all.

So in a wider sense nothing is lost, one has to search in the right place.

		With best regards,  Walter