Cleaning RK05 packs (Was: LGP-30 Memory Drum Update)

David Bridgham dab at froghouse.org
Fri Jan 6 06:32:32 CST 2017

On 01/05/2017 08:13 PM, allison wrote:

> Lots of ifs, mights, and maybes.   My knowledge is from actually owning
> and maintaining a Cessna since 1979 and so far that has not been an issue.

Yup, that's just how the discussion in the aircraft community went.  One
group would point out that Simple Green contained chemicals known to
corrode aluminum while another group would say they'd been using the
stuff on their airplanes and hadn't noticed any problems.  Then the
company came out with Simple Green Extreme, promoting it as being safe
for aircraft though never actually saying, as far as I saw, that the
regular Simple Green wasn't safe.