GMAIL accounts suspended.

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:43:51 CST 2017

On 9 January 2017 at 14:37, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9 January 2017 at 10:06, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >  Why does this keep on happening? What is google doing to cause this to
>> > happen?
>>

>> Damned if I know, but it's happening to me frequently, too. >:-(
>>
>> --
>>

> My first thought is that gmail is huge, they load balance email servers and
> they may bounce on a timing schedule that conflicts with the schedule used
> by the mail server cctech uses.[..]

I initially thought that as well, even though I found it unlikely
(I've never observed delays when I email from somewhere to a gmail
account, and never any bouncing due to load).

What I think happens, because it's so frequent, is that some list
members use addresses that fail gmail's verification. We already know
that yahoo and aol emails suffer from this, their address come through
in the mailing list but the sender is not yahoo or aol (it's the
mailing list server), and there are some hoops to go through to avoid
those problems (I had to set an option to not automatically have those
emails go to spam).

So, in short, I think the problem is caused by posts from some
particular subscribers getting bounced by some servers (among them,
gmail), not that the receving servers (e.g. gmail) are overloaded or
otherwise failing.