What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 11 05:14:20 CST 2017

On 01/10/2017 09:50 PM, allison wrote:
> On 01/10/2017 05:09 PM, Andy Cloud wrote:
>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>> I thought this would be an interesting question to ask around - What's the
>> rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?
>>
>> For me, personally, I have a Altair 8800!
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing your answers
>>
>>> _Andy
> I have two Altair and early 8800 I built, the second is a 8800BT with
> drives.
>
> Another is a IMSAI 8035 control computer.
>
> For really rare, DEC Advice 78032 in circuit development tool (aka
> MicroVax!).
>
> Technico Superstarter system Ti9900 cpu.
>
> The rest are or were fairly common by some standard.
>

> Allison

I did leave a few oddities off that are not complete and functional systems.

One being a SyQuest parallel-port 270MB cartridge disk drive (3.5")
which is functional
along with 13 cartridges(SQ327) .  I can still use it out of the case as
its IDE.

Core plane from a Sperry computer.  The specifics was I tried to buy
whole the
computer when Grumman Plant 33 was closed.  The memory was already
parted out.
Plant 33 was one of the plants where the LM (lunar module) was made.
Yes, Sperry
made computers and no, data, or even evidence of it is non-existent.

Allison