Obscure MIT-spinoff computer (Was: What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?)

William Maddox wmaddox at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 11 17:32:02 CST 2017

I haven't heard of that in quite while.  Though I never owned one personally, agood friend bought one (and waited and waited...)  Finally received the wirewrapversion but it never lived up to it's promise.  I google for it and search eBayfrom time to time hoping to see one, but the number shipped was probablyso low as to make it too obscure to ever show up.
Hope yours is running.
-Gary

Unfortunately, I don't own one.  I just remember the ads in Byte or Interface Age in 1977 or so, and then hearing a bit about the company later on.  As I recall, the price was $999 or somesuch.  They couldn't possibly make them for that using wirewrap.  I drooled over the ads for 6 months or so before I realized it was vaporware and bought an IMSAI.
--Bill