What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:47:01 CST 2017

I think the most expensive machine I ever bought (with my own money)
was a VAX-11/725 in 1986.  $4000.  I did it, in part because DEC was
eliminating free license transferrals with after-market hardware
sales.  It looked like my cheapest option to have my own VAX, and for
a time, it was.

https://books.google.com/books?id=nI091j0HhhwC&lpg=PA7&ots=qK0LibWvh8&dq=transferring%20VMS%20license%201986&pg=PA7#v=onepage&q=transferring%20VMS%20license%201986&f=false

If only I had a good option (i.e., under $500, and preferably under
$300) for a disk for that thing that isn't the RC25.  :-P

Runner-up is probably an Amiga 3000 purchased at the launch for full
price (minus a trade-in discount on an old A1000).

-ethan