What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jan 12 19:14:20 CST 2017

> If you're willing to answer it would also be interesting to know what drove
> you to spend as much as you did on that particular computer?

The most I spent personally was a bit over $10,000 for my personal POWER6
server. I was actually ready to buy a brand new POWER7 (which would probably
have crossed the $15K mark all loaded), but no IBM VAR would take my money
because I don't do service contracts, so I bought used from a company in
Minnesota. Later on I got the HMC for it also, so I guess it's been around
$11,000+ all in.

-- "My inner geek can beat up your inner geek." -------------------------------