What is the most prized possession in your collection?

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:19:25 CST 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Alexandre Souza <
alexandre.tabajara at gmail.com> wrote:

> We've talked about the most expensive, the most rare, the less usual...
>
> Now lets talk about what you love most <3

Two emails.

While getting Multics up and running, I discovered a few bugs in Multics
and sent bug reports to the Multics mailing list. I received the following
replies which I treasure:

Super.  Nothing like coming home from an exhausting workday to find a bug
> in my 35-year-old code has come back to haunt me.   :-(

and

I like the idea of submitting a bug report 14 years after the last site was
> shutdown. Might be a record.
>
> Do we have to reconvene the MCR board to approve the fix?

(The second reply was received in June 2014. On Jan 6 of this year, the ad
hoc MCRB (Multics Change Request Board) approved MCR10021 fixing the bug.)

-- Charles