PAL video in the states

Geoffrey Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:05:19 CST 2017

I use a TV tuner/video capture card (Hauppauge WinTV-D) and DScaler to
display output from my PAL Commodore 128D either composite or Y/C. It works
quite well actually. I did try a cheapy PAL/NTSC converter from eBay but
any horizontal movement is terrible since it doesn't do any
framebuffering/pulldown necessary to handle the difference in refresh
rates. Dscaler displays just about perfect (although the Hauppauge card
introduces a bit of noise in the video).