Microscope for Soldering and Inspection Work

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 11:36:29 CST 2017

Be  sure  your  stereo-zoom  has  a cover  thing  screwed into the  front
of it.
always  good to protect the  active optics.

We have a rework station  with a sliding X Y  table on  it....  and a scope
mounted on it... but...  my hands are not steady  as  when young..( need to
find technology to assist  with that!)

Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 1/14/2017 9:20:05 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cclist at sydex.com writes:

On  01/14/2017 12:48 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
> Has anyone had experience of  using an item like this for soldering
> and PCB inspection  work?

I use a B&L stereo zoom microscope for inspection, but have  never used
it for soldering.  That is, after soldering in, say, a  TQFP, I'll use it
to examine for misregistration and solder bridges. But I  can't imagine
soldering under it.

For that, where normal vision  doesn't suffice, I use a head-mounted
binocular loupe.  Seems to work  just fine.

--Chuck