Caldisk 8" drive (also ebay warning)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Jan 16 01:16:13 CST 2017

I'm not sure I've heard of Caldisk, though it was in Anaheim
apparently.  Maybe a Calcomp brand or spinoff?

Here is an ad also for the Matchdisk operation who pasted their info all
over the drive.

https://books.google.com/books?id=iD4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT33&lpg=PT33&dq=caldisk+142m&source=bl&ots=2UXrLH8Spt&sig=Bdm79HHzQf6rEVvACtFF7bFgFa4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2qtbcjcbRAhXprlQKHeXMAxgQ6AEIMjAG#v=onepage&q=caldisk%20142m&f=false

8" double sided drive, 479 bucks in the 1981 Infoworld ad.

CalDisk-142M-17652-111-Pragmatix-I-8-Inch-Internal-Floppy-Disk-Drive-VINTAGE/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192031318942

Also I'm wondering if the "Matchmakers match of the month" system which
they can't tell you about is in fact NoName systems generic CPM system.

I never heard of this operation in all the things going on in that time
frame (Matchmaker) but they seemed to be marketing to people who were
less skilled at fitting things like third party floppy drives to
systems, yet this offering is clearly for someone with advanced skills
at doing so.

thanks
Jim