Origins of the term 'WYSIWYG?

Toby Thain toby at
Mon Jan 16 18:01:37 CST 2017

On 2017-01-16 3:25 PM, Tony Duell wrote:
> Does anyone have any thoughts as to when that term, or a near
> equivalent was first
> used?
> The reason I ask is that I have been looking in some old photographic books and
> have turned up a 1954 advert for the Wrayflex (an obscure British single lens
> reflex camera). The text ends with :
> ;...through the lens focusing at any distance. No adjustment for paralax. No
> coupled rangefinder. Just the simple axiom ...
> "What you see, you get" '
> I wonder what predates that usage (if anything)
> -tony

Maybe you can try Google N-grams?


More information about the cctalk mailing list