What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Jan 18 08:49:49 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:58:11AM -0800, Alan Frisbie wrote:
> I just joined this list, so I'm not sure which of the items I own
> would be considered by this group to be rare or unusual, but here
> goes...
>
> Imlac PDS-1D graphics terminal, with the large screen and detached
> keyboard.   Also a second one with the small screen and attached
> keyboard, but the chassis and cards are suitable only for parts.

I think that counts as pretty rare. I know one othe list member has a
PDS.

> DEC VS60/GT48 graphics display (goes with my PDP-11/34)

This is definitely rare also :)

> All of this was operating here at one time or another, but the
> clutter has become so bad that it is difficult to get them connected
> (or even get at them) these days.

Ouch, it can be surprisingly much work to get out of :(

> I recently retired, so my #1 job now is getting rid of all the stuff
> I accumulated over my almost 50 years in the computer industry.   I
> have three rental storage units full of stuff and the cost is
> killing me!   Is it OK to post ads on this list?

Definitely. I don't think it will be difficult to find buyers for the
things listed above.

I wouldn't mind a PDS for myself, but I will not afford it :)

/P