How do you clean your vintage computers?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 19 13:02:40 CST 2017

On 01/19/2017 10:38 AM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> Short of that, I generally prefer blowing agents on boards, and
> regular cleaners with non-abrasive implements on the front. If I'm
> trying to de-yellow, I might remove a little of the top layer with
> steel wool if I think the texture can handle that.

For PCBs, I mostly use a soft anti-static brush.  If the PCB looks
passable at that point and works, I go no further.

On the other hand, I've gotten gear with three-quarters of an inch of
mouse droppings dried to the texture of concrete.  I've resorted to oven
cleaner in some situations, which worked surprisingly well.

--Chuck