LC8-P (M8365) PDP8 printer interface schematics

Marc Howard cramcram at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:18:01 CST 2017

Speaking of the LA-180 has anyone noticed the note in the PDP8A manual:

"The General-Purpose Parallel I/O on the D etch revision
of the M8316 module can be used as an interface for the
LA 180. Data to the LA I80 must be supplied in com-
plemented form. The IOTs are different from the LA8
interface designed for the LA 180. A BC80-A cable, avail-
able from DIGITAL, must be used to connect the General-
Purpose Parallel I/O to the LA 180.

Does OS8 know how to handle this way of interfacing a printer?

Marc