ps2 memory - with weird square silver IBM Circuit packaged memory on the ...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 19:32:43 CST 2017

Thanks Guy!
Mystery solved!
I  will put this note in with the memory stick..

Ed# _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 1/28/2017 6:00:46 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
ggs at shiresoft.com writes:

At one  time IBM was the largest manufacturer of memory and consumed *all*
of
it  internally (e.g. for IBM products).  At the time all of IBM’s ICs were
in
the “aluminum” cans unless they needed more exotic cooling.

In  the PS/2 days, we ended up using some IBM produced memory because we
could
get a better internal transfer price than buying out in the market  because
the
various IBM fabs had a bit of excess capacity and wanted it  used.

TTFN - Guy