Thousandth data book uploaded to bitsavers

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Jul 14 09:21:18 CDT 2017

On 7/13/17 10:11 PM, Jason T via cctalk wrote:

> Many databooks I find are printed on the fragile "telephone book" type
> paper, either transparent, beige or both.  Do you have any techniques
> for getting good images out of those, and making sure they survive the
> trip through the ADF?

I've worked out settings on my Panasonic KV-S3065CW that work ok. between
the brittleness and bleed-through, the old ones are a challenge. They also
need to be scanned at 600dpi because of the fine print, which can be pretty
noisy without adjusting the built-in noise removal. It also runs the feed
slower which helps. There isn't any way to get around hand feeding the sheets
though, because any bit of leftover glue sticking the pages together can
crumple the second sheet.