Xerox stores

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jul 14 20:24:48 CDT 2017

On 07/14/2017 11:24 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 07/14/2017 09:00 AM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, I really don't remember any such thing.  I suspect that some
>> independent computer store chain got an OK to have a big Xerox logo out
>> on the front.  That would be quite believable.  Some time in the early
>> 80's there were computer stores popping up overnight like mushrooms, and
>> disappearing just about as fast.
> Nope--they were real.  I recall that the one I visited wasn't that far
> from the Moore Business Products store.

OK, I was living in the St. Louis area, and I don't remember
any Xerox stores here.  I knew a lot of the people who owned
computer stores here around that time.  I was the president
and sort-of founder of our local computer club, so I knew
most of the people involved with retail computer stuff from
about 1976 to at least 1985.

But, of course, there was a LOT more activity in certain
areas than my own backwater.

Jon