Boards stripped from MRI available

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Fri Jul 21 13:49:00 CDT 2017

Some guy contacted me saying he had pulled all the boards from an MRI
machine that had a problem with the moving bed. Hrmmmm

He gave me an excel spreadsheet of what appeared to be AD/DA stuff branded
IMATRON, Dec boards (M8043, M8044DF, M8186), Distributed Logic MQ759
controller, some Computer Products serial IO boards, a pair of Mentec Quad
CPU boards (M100-04 rev D), and some dynafive corp 8 slot qbus backplanes.

I made a small offer on the mentec boards and got a one-word "NO" email
back. I suspect this guy thinks he is going to get thou$ands per board. I'm
not inclined to pursue this, but if anyone sees something they gotta have,
let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

Then again, his demeanor makes me think he sent this email to several
thousand people lol

Best,