Honeywall mainframe CPU front panel ID?

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 15:50:12 CDT 2017

define hardware diff. 635 and 645......ed#

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:

A further refinement on numbering.

GE added Multics support to the 635 to make the 645. The 645 was a
transistor machine and was reworked as an integrated circuit machine, the
GE-655.

The 655 was rebranded as the Honeywell 6000 series.

I am not sure of the evolution path of the 635 to the 60xx; ie. if GE had
an IC version of the 635 and what it was called, or it the 655 came with a
non-Multics support version.

-- Charles

I can confirm this, GE's original Multics intro document, they refer to the GE 645.

"A New Remote Accessed Man Machine System" is the title of the document.  They describe it there and compare with some other systems, evolution etc..  Interesting. I have seen online.