Honeywall mainframe CPU front panel ID?

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 17:03:16 CDT 2017

yes operators panels.... not the really good main panels!!. cool stuff hiding behind doors and under skins

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> From: Ed Sharpe

> from what I was told, many versions of machines by Big H were used to
> run multics over the span of time.

Yes, it appears from what I can find that there were basically three
different Honeywell machines that ran Multics:

- the 6180 - the one the LCM has the panel for

- the Series 60 Level 68 - a re-packaging of the 6180, in shorter cabinets,
a picture of which may be found in this publication (pg 5):

http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/Honeywell/Honeywell.MulticsSystem.1975.102646162.pdf

- the DPS-8/M; you can see one of the latter here:

http://www.vaxman.de/historic_computers/multics/multics.html

> and the transistor 600 machines had a wildly diff. front panel!

There's a picture of an artist's impression of the 645 here:

http://www.multicians.org/645artist.html

Oddly enough, that painting was on the wall right outside my office in Tech
Sq!

Now _that_ is a mainframe! :-)

	Noel