Honeywall mainframe CPU front panel ID?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jul 27 13:28:23 CDT 2017

On the subject, I need someone with a better memory.

Around 1973 or so, I visited a friend at the old GE Plant in Phoenix.
All Hoyt could talk about was GECOS, but he was gracious enough to give
me a cook's tour of the development area, including the water-cooled
something or the other, which was still in free-standing racks.  The CE
console for that thing was impressive--several CRTs, a couple of Nixie
thermometer-type displays.

At any rate, prowling around, he pointed out a few of the older GE
systems, apparently awaiting a journey to the scrapyard.   One really
impressed me--the console had an analog meter in it calibrated in
"thousands of operations per second".   I have never seen such a thing
since.

Anyone remember what system this might have been?

--Chuck