I hadn't made the connection before

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Fri Jun 2 11:37:13 CDT 2017

> I sold a bare CP1600 chip about a year ago to a collector.   "Odd" is an
> understatement. A 10-bit wide instruction word, with the upper 6 bits of
> the opcode unused.   Loading a 16-bit address took three words.
>
> Also, slow, very slow, with no I/O instructions.

But that was because it has memory-mapped I/O, no? On the other hand the
decles were weird and it has a lot of instructions that were removed.

Retrospectively a 6502 or a Z80 would have looked like a better choice in
this application, even considering this was supposed to be a higher-end
console.

-- Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. -- 1 Corinthians 8:1 ---------------