I hadn't made the connection before

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jun 2 12:04:31 CDT 2017

On 06/02/2017 09:37 AM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> But that was because it has memory-mapped I/O, no? On the other hand
> the decles were weird and it has a lot of instructions that were
> removed.
GI made a 10-bit wide ROM for program storage, as I recall. I think the
10-bit instruction word was the single greatest liability, resulting in
inefficient memory usage when memory was expensive--and slower execution
time.

For the time, not a bad effort, particularly when contrasted with the
National 16-bit PACE, which was loosely based on the 4-accumulator DG
Nova design and which required special buffers for integration into TTL
designs.

--Chuck