Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Jun 4 15:40:53 CDT 2017

On 6/4/2017 12:02 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> It doesn't even have to be poorly stored.
I moved a system with 4 300mb memorex 10 (or so) platter drives eons
ago, which had been running for a year or more.  After setup and service
it ran 2 hours before eating one of the drives.  That was and is the
last time I'll ever run drives w/o sealed HDAs.

Hate so much of the old stuff we mess with needs removable platter
drives to run.  Had no patience then, even less now.

I'll take emulated drives or whatever attached to the artifact systems
any time, vs. running original disks subsystems.  It's good that the
work to get the replacements going is being done now while the people
still familiar with the OSs are still around or people who can do that,
as of course doing it later if one wants to restore and run systems like
that further down the road will make it much harder to do.

thanks
jim