Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 4 18:01:38 CDT 2017

Well, I haven't recovered anything yet....

My comment was just because of that blob
> of angst I get in the pit of my stomach from time to time thinking about these
> things and them crashing.  Of course it is really wonderful you have saved the
> media.  I hope that someone has a means to recover the pack and you have
> success.

Actually the pack is not in my possession, it is still at Manchester University, in a display case. I am pretty sure that if there was a realistic chance of recovering data from it that they would be happy to try it.

Rob