Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 13:56:17 CDT 2017

> On Jun 6, 2017, at 2:26 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 6/6/17 6:10 AM, Philipp Hachtmann via cctalk wrote:
>
>> And I have cables and lots of spare heads: All submerged since Saturday. I most probly won't try to recover the packs
>
> If they really are that rare you may want to reconsider.

Agreed, and packs from the 2311, RP03, RK05 era are washable.  In fact, I remember a pack washing machine.  And I remember a 1311 pack (from a 1620) that had hydraulic oil all over it from an actuator leak; it was cleaned with isopropyl alcohol, as were the heads, and the result was good as new.  All that was needed for repair was a new gasket and a fluid top-off.

	paul