HP Multiprogrammer 6942a interesting?

Joe Giliberti starbase89 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:30:40 CDT 2017

Greetings!
I stopped by the local flea market on the way into work this morning and it
appears one of the regular sellers did a massive cleanout of computer and
other IT equipment. I was pressed for time so I didn't have a chance to
look through everything, but as I was grabbing as many $2 Model M's as I
could carry, I saw three of the aforementioned machines. From what I have
googled, they appear to be some kind of process control interface for HP
minicomputers from the late 70s. I plan on going back early tomorrow
morning with some more $ to have a look and see what else might be there,
but I was just wondering if these were anything special. Can anything
interesting be done with one of them without an HP system?

Thanks!
Joe Giliberti