RC11 manuals / schematics online?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 15:59:14 CDT 2017

> On 6/10/17 8:02 AM, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
>
> > Well. Nobody has posted any thing about RC11 schematics, unfortunately.
>
> I checked my usual places and couldn't find it.

Thanks for looking. Tomorrow I will visit our storage facilities (aka
converted barn) and I will then look through my heap of manuals and
schematics but I have no remembrance  of any RC11 manual.

> > With the RS64 and the RC11 it would be possible to run DOS/BATCH 11.
>
> DOS-11 runs on dectape, rf11, and rk11

The V8  (
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/dos-batch/V8/DEC-11-OMGRA-A-D_DOS_BATCH_V008_System_Managers_Guide_Jan73.pdf)
talks about RC11 suport for example on page 2-6.

> I have lots of DOS dectapes dumped and uploaded, I've never had time to
> sort through whats there
> beyond writing a program to produce directory listings.
>
> I also finished processing and uploading everything I had scanned on DOS.

BTW. Speaking of dumping. Now that I have a TC11 / TU56 that seems to be
working, what is the best way to dump 18 and 12 bit tapes? Is there some
PDP-11 OS that can do it or is it assembly programming required? I had
hopes that RT11 had such features but it doesn't seem like it could read
all 18 bits.

Has this already been done? Maybe I can spend time on other things than
re-inventing the wheel...

/Mattis