gobs of stuff today from recovering a unit of mine.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jun 11 20:36:25 CDT 2017

    > From: Toby Thain

    > And a lot is as-new or perfectly okay.

Ditto that.

Both my ADF A4 page scanner and my A3 scanner (a professional grade Epson)
came off eBay (the latter for a minimal amount of money - that pro scanner is
a multi-$K unit, for which I think I paid the princely sum of $200), and I've
been very pleased with them.

In fact, units on eBait are so cheap, I tend to buy spare units (so if one
dies, I don't have to deal with getting the software on a new model to work,
learn how to use it, etc). I think my ADF spares were in the region of $25
each, at which is definitely feasible to pick up spares.

(Note that gear on eBait tends to follow a curve where it eventually drops
very low as it becomes so antique nobody wants it - but it's still perfectly
functional - and then starts to go back up as it becomes rare. If you buy
spare units at the inflection point, they are remarkably cheap.)

	Noel