Electronic Systems TRS-80 Serial I/O Board?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jun 14 13:33:03 CDT 2017

    > From: Brent Hilpert

    > I don't expect anyone was making boards like this expecting to get the
    > target timing from fixed/off-the-shelf component values

Right, that comment was more directed to the discussion here about baud rate
variation.

    > There are two trimpots on the board, they could be one for each of the
    > rate series and switch-selected

No, the prints (1105_RevAH_EngrDrws_Jul76, page 71) shows there's only one RC
circuit associated with the UART. I don't know what the second trim-pot does
(I'm too lazy to look over the prints to find it :-).

	Noel