File recovery help needed (Alabama)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jun 24 15:27:43 CDT 2017

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017, Geoff Oltmans wrote:
> There's instructions for opening WordPerfect 5.x and 6.x docs in
> Microsoft Word 2007 on Microsoft's support website, so I imagine that is
> probably not that big of a problem.

Not that big of a problem, nor even any sort of a problem at all.
With a 10 or 15 year old PC, with a 10 or 15 year old copy of Office,
open the file, "SAVE AS".
Most current versions of Open Office no longer support it, so it is
necessary to install an older version.
I don't know whether the same applies to Microsoft Office.

The client might need help with that, and almost certainly would with
anything other than USB drive or WWW download.

But, somehow, here, we can turn it into a major project.
(Ed's most recent suggestion of removing an IDE drive merely adds another
fun step to my multi-step scenario)