DEC DW11 information?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:31:53 CST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 6:26 AM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool.  I managed to snag an M8217+M9403 so all I need to do is track
> down/build some cabling to tie the two together (any idea what the max

Officially it's just a pair of standard DEC 40 way ribbon cables.

> length of these cables is?).  I'm kind of hoping I can use it to run a QBus

But _unofficially_ I've seen it run with the signals going down a pair of the
round cables used with RK07 drives (not the RL ones which don't have
all pins wired). So that was ribbon cable - bulkhead connector - RK07
type cable - bulkhead connector - ribbon cable. And it worked.

> SCSI controller, amongst other things.  I'll report back my findings...

I've run RL drives off a RLV11 on a unibus machine with a DW11-B. That
used interrupts and DMA. I would think a SCSI controller should work

-tony