Full immersion emulation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:13:53 CST 2017

On 2 March 2017 at 17:11, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> And, it will reach a level of reliability to actually be usable, "in a few
> more years".  "next year in jerusalem!"

I haven't tried either the Google or Amazon offerings. I have tried to
teach my elderly mother to use Siri and Google speech recognition on
her iPad, but unsuccessfully.

I have played with Cortana and it's decent. It is the beginning of
something useful.

But I have, for instance, a blind friend who has an Amazon Echo and he
likes it. It can control his lighting & heating for him, two things
difficult for blind people to do.

He also uses Siri a lot on his iPhone and it too works well for him.
We both find it ironic that an almost-buttonless phone is the most
accessible to blind people, but it is and it works. Now with Siri,
it's better. He just dictates text messages and emails and it can
spell better than he can.

It is not great, but it works, now, today, and it's selling.

> Now, Siri can tell Kripke, "I'm sorry Bawwy, I don't understand 'wecommend a
> westauwant'"

Heh. :¬)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com