I hate the new mail system

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 14:41:48 CST 2017

On 02/28/2017 07:43 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 02/28/2017 05:21 PM, Jon Auringer wrote:
>>
>> Chuck,
>>
>> I had the same display issue. Uncheck "Show only display name for
>> people in my address book" under Tools-Options-Display-Advanced.
>
> Jon,
>
> Thanks for the hint!  I'm using the Linux version of Thunderbird, so the
> setting isn't under "Tools"; it took me a bit of searching to find it.
> In the *nix version, it appears to be under Edit->Preferences->Display.

Thanks to both of you. I came back to cctalk after not checking it for a
few days, and wondered what the %$#^ was going on, with every message
showing with cctalk as the "from" field.

It is indeed under edit/preferences/display on my version, too. I'm not
sure why it's not consistent with the non-Linux versions, I would have
thought a consistent UI across all platforms was a Good Thing.

cheers

Jules