Full immersion emulation

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Mar 4 14:06:10 CST 2017

On 3/1/2017 2:29 PM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:

> I have been in rooms where they had a box of earplugs at the door, but
> that came later in my field service rep days we where told that the
> noise was at a "safe" level, however I do know of at least one person
> that is still in field service that now has hearing aids that are paid
> for by the company.

I suffer from tinnitus, likely due to too much time in computer rooms
with an IBM 1410, PDP-11s, Datacraft 6024, IBM 7094 II, IBM 360/65 MP,
Amdahl 470, IBM 3084 and IBM 3090 machines and peripherals in their
respective days.  And then there is the time I currently spend on my
collection.  No hearing aid yet, but I can certainly tell that my
hearing is not what it used to be, or even what it should be.