FW: More 8085a oddities

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 12:25:43 CST 2017

Hi folks,

I didn't see the message at the bottom of this one arrive since I think I
sent it JUST as the list software was being changed over.

Gah, having just looked again I realise I've sent it from not the address
I've subbed with. PEBCAK there :)

Since then I discovered the -5V rail for the 4116s had dropped to -4.2V
which was out of spec for both types of RAM on this box so on Chuck's
suggestion I swapped the 560ohm resistor/zener combo that was powering this
rail for a 79L05 regulator and the DRAMs now have all 3 voltages steady.

No change in behaviour though. I'm baffled as to why the upper address bus
doesn't blip once RESET goes high. HOLD is permanently pulled low so it's
not that.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

--