Fluorescent lights (Was: Full immersion emulation)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Mar 6 13:40:12 CST 2017

On 03/06/2017 11:23 AM, Richard Cini via cctalk wrote:

> I bought 4x2 (4', 2 bulb) replacement LED fixtures on Amazon to swap
> out some of the fluorescent fixtures in my shop. You can get 3 color
> temperatures (I got 2700k I think). Hard-wired, but an easy install
> and the light is very bright. $53/per.

I've got the T8 lights in my shop running from solid-state (GE) ballasts
that I picked up perhaps 20 years ago.   When I get to the bottom of the
box, I'll probably replace the fixtures with LED ones, so any
information like this is good to know.

FWIW, they're 4-lamp fixtures (2 ballast).   Replacements needn't fit
the original form factor--I suspect that there are smaller, more compact
LED fixtures with equivalent light output.

--Chuck