Fluorescent lights (Was: Full immersion emulation)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Mar 7 11:23:27 CST 2017

    > From: Jon Elson

    > I have converted our kitchen to LEDs.

Yeah, I've already done ours, too. Our fixtures are let into the ceiling, so
just replacing them with LED ones wasn't an option; I couldn't find ones that
took the same opening. But I bought an under-ceiling fluorescent-sized LED
fixture, made by a company called Hampton Bay, to replace an under-ceiling
fixture in another room, and I noticed it was just enough smaller than the
ones in the kitchen. So I gutted the kitchen fixtures, took Hampton Bay
units, discarded the plastic light-shields, and with a bit of trimming,
convinced the base plates (which holds the power supply, LEDs, etc) to fit
into the existing fixtures.

I'm now currently wanting to do my shop, and I'm looking for something which
is a bit less work - tubes that I simply plug in, or something like that, are
what I'm looking for!

	Noel